I work really, really hard at keeping my expectations low and all hope at bay. I have been crush too many times in the last 2 years to think positively. The days of the glass being half-full and everything working out for the best are long, long gone. How I could ever been that naive is mind blowing.
But that being said, I had a good interview today. Maybe even a great interview. I was comfortable, conversational and just "on". It felt good to shine and smile (and mean it). It felt good to walk out with confidence and not cry in the car on the way home.
There are no guarantees. Even though I am so over qualified for this job that it is embarrassing, there is still a chance someone else may be a better fit.
But I have the tiniest amount of hope today. And it feels both good and sickening.
No comments:
Post a Comment